[Onion Courier] Dedicated to Alice and Bob
Add Reply
Stefan Claas
2024-09-24 20:01:12 UTC
Hi all,

I just finished my latest Go Project, which allows Alice and Bob
to send messages or files to each other directly through the Tor
network, as long as their Tor Browser and Tor Exerpert Bundle is
running. Both have created their Tor Hidden Services with Tor
Browser locally and use both Go programs to send/receive messages
or files to each other.

This cuts out third party email servers etc. and the programs focus
on ease of use. :-)

Hope you like the idea!

https://github.com/706f6c6c7578/oc
--
Regards
Stefan
Stefan Claas
2024-09-26 12:34:18 UTC
Post by Stefan Claas
Hi all,
I just finished my latest Go Project, which allows Alice and Bob
to send messages or files to each other directly through the Tor
network, as long as their Tor Browser and Tor Exerpert Bundle is
running. Both have created their Tor Hidden Services with Tor
Browser locally and use both Go programs to send/receive messages
or files to each other.
This cuts out third party email servers etc. and the programs focus
on ease of use. :-)
Hope you like the idea!
https://github.com/706f6c6c7578/oc
Addes support for multiple entries (one per line) in the data_file
and comments, starting with #. This allows Alice to send to a group
of people and not only to Bob, in a single session.
--
Regards
Stefan
Stefan Claas
2024-09-26 15:42:55 UTC
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
https://github.com/706f6c6c7578/oc
Addes support for multiple entries (one per line) in the data_file
and comments, starting with #. This allows Alice to send to a group
of people and not only to Bob, in a single session.
Added a 'Note' for users wishing only to use Tor Expert Bundle, without
Tor Browser usage, for the client/server.
--
Regards
Stefan
Stefan Claas
2024-09-27 21:46:54 UTC
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
https://github.com/706f6c6c7578/oc
Addes support for multiple entries (one per line) in the data_file
and comments, starting with #. This allows Alice to send to a group
of people and not only to Bob, in a single session.
Added a 'Note' for users wishing only to use Tor Expert Bundle, without
Tor Browser usage, for the client/server.
Added a 'Usenet-Examples' folder to the repository so that users can use
oc_client.go with Dizum's m2n or Paganini's News Server.
--
Regards
Stefan
Stefan Claas
2024-09-28 13:32:25 UTC
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
https://github.com/706f6c6c7578/oc
Addes support for multiple entries (one per line) in the data_file
and comments, starting with #. This allows Alice to send to a group
of people and not only to Bob, in a single session.
Added a 'Note' for users wishing only to use Tor Expert Bundle, without
Tor Browser usage, for the client/server.
Added a 'Usenet-Examples' folder to the repository so that users can use
oc_client.go with Dizum's m2n or Paganini's News Server.
Added a 'minitalk' folder, containing a client and server, so that Alice
and Bob can talk to each other, in realtime.
--
Regards
Stefan
Stefan Claas
2024-09-29 20:29:00 UTC
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
https://github.com/706f6c6c7578/oc
Addes support for multiple entries (one per line) in the data_file
and comments, starting with #. This allows Alice to send to a group
of people and not only to Bob, in a single session.
Added a 'Note' for users wishing only to use Tor Expert Bundle, without
Tor Browser usage, for the client/server.
Added a 'Usenet-Examples' folder to the repository so that users can use
oc_client.go with Dizum's m2n or Paganini's News Server.
Added a 'minitalk' folder, containing a client and server, so that Alice
and Bob can talk to each other, in realtime.
Added support for the Nomen Nescio TypeI Cypherpunk Remailer.
--
Regards
Stefan
Stefan Claas
2024-10-03 14:17:57 UTC
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
Post by Stefan Claas
https://github.com/706f6c6c7578/oc
Addes support for multiple entries (one per line) in the data_file
and comments, starting with #. This allows Alice to send to a group
of people and not only to Bob, in a single session.
Added a 'Note' for users wishing only to use Tor Expert Bundle, without
Tor Browser usage, for the client/server.
Added a 'Usenet-Examples' folder to the repository so that users can use
oc_client.go with Dizum's m2n or Paganini's News Server.
Added a 'minitalk' folder, containing a client and server, so that Alice
and Bob can talk to each other, in realtime.
Added support for the Nomen Nescio TypeI Cypherpunk Remailer.
I reorganized the repository and it consist now of oc_client.go, oc_server.go,
oc_m2n_server.go, oc_paganini_server.go and oc_middleman_server.go.

oc_middleman_server.go is like the name suggest a middleman node, thus
meanining you send with oc_client a message first to the middleman, which
then forwards the message to m2n or paganini. The client sees the path
the message went through. I have not testet yet if this works with multiple
middleman nodes, but I guess it theoretically should.

oc_middleman_server.go needs a special message format containing an
destination server.

In the next couple of days I will set-up a VPS server and test then
oc_email_server.go, so that oc_client.go users can send email to white
listed privacy related email services, or Remailers. In the next step
I will try to implement a mail2onion Gateway, so that oc_client.go
users, with oc_server.go running, can receive anonymous email messages,
as long as their oc_server.go is running (locally). The mail2onion
Gateway will then require 'age'[1] usage so that the destination
address is encrypted and can not bee seen, by for example ,exit
Remailers.

Once this is all done I will try to implement an onion2bitmessage
Gateway. Whish me good luck, so that we have an additional privacy
Network, called Onion Courier, which can not store or log messages
and would allow individuals to run the servers too, whether locally
or on a VPS, without registering a domain. :-)

[1] https://github.com/FiloSottile/age
--
Regards
Stefan
Stefan Claas
2024-10-03 14:50:45 UTC
Post by Stefan Claas
I reorganized the repository and it consist now of oc_client.go, oc_server.go,
oc_m2n_server.go, oc_paganini_server.go and oc_middleman_server.go.
As sample output from oc_client.go, when sending a message, via middleman,
to dizum's m2n and paganini:

(two messages 'Hello World' are send to alt.test.test)

$ oc -d data.txt -f m.txt

Using Tor network
Send file...
File sent succesfully. Total time: 5 seconds
Server response:
============================
File received and sent by:
w7t3g7oo5naebqwlezshgkgczttjn7x3re3farrzwa6bttvbnm5fcsad.onion:8084
No data stored nor log files are written by this server.

Target Onion Courier Response:
utxloshiyxfxl7qxvcfglu4lscetfrxvagqqsaarl6kz2oxkoyp3tbid.onion:8081
============================
File received and sent!

SMTP Session Log:
Connected to SMTP server smtp.dizum.com
TLS started
From: ***@onion.onion
To: ***@dizum.com
Data command sent
Message body sent
Message body closed
QUIT command sent
No data stored nor log files are written by this server.

$ oc -d data.txt -f m.txt

Using Tor network
Send file...
File sent succesfully. Total time: 6 seconds
Server response:
============================
File received and sent by:
w7t3g7oo5naebqwlezshgkgczttjn7x3re3farrzwa6bttvbnm5fcsad.onion:8084
No data stored nor log files are written by this server.

Target Onion Courier Response:
pds6pmetw53oh2tps6r2ptcciank7rwzxgqwoomcwmupvjvl4nwtfzid.onion:8082
============================
File received and sent!

NNTP Session Log:
Server: 200 paganini.bofh.team InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.6.4 ready (posting ok)
OCServ: POST
Server: 340 Ok, recommended message-ID <vdmags$1bjpf$***@paganini.bofh.team>
OCServ: No data stored nor log files are written by this server.
OCServ: .
Server: 441 Multipost
OCServ: QUIT
205 Bye!